The #1 golf blog for gossip, breaking news and irreverent banter.

February 15, 2005

I played golf

Last week No Three Putts went out and played at The Links at Madison Green in Royal Palm Beach, FL. I hadn't played in about 6 weeks so my expectations were low. Surprisingly I had my best round in about 10 years. Why did I play so well? My putter was on friggin fire! I took 29 putts. The night before I played I read an article about putting. It said for putts under 10 feet to look at the hole not the ball. Well in my mind you'd have to be out of your head not to look at the ball, but what I did was focus on the ball and the hole. Somehow it worked.

As for the golf course. The Links at Madison Green was in great shape, but not the type of golf course I could play everyday. Too many holes that a good drive down the middle of the fairway could actually penalize you on. Doglegs in every direction. I'd play there again but I'll wait until summer time when the rates go down.

If you actually care, I shot a 78. 42 on the front and 36 on the back. I was 2 under on the back nine going into 18. What do I do? Double bogey the last hole. Can you say choke?

7 comments:

Golf Grouch said...

Sounds like the work of the Golf Gods on the last hole.

Hey, at least you're playing better than David Duval.

Richpoo said...

Keep it up. I enjoy your nice blog. check out my fox sports world site. It pretty much covers fox sports world related stuff.

Couch Potato said...

"Help me if you can I'm feeling down" - I also think I must be lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him on the golf course yesterday. Now this is strange because usually I see him in the supermarket.

Honest really, last time I saw him there he was right in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new lcd tv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a lcd tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger.

Then I'm gonna go home, put ma dancin' suit on, munch me some uppers and freak out to that maaaaaaaaad surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on ma lcd tv .

How cool is that boy?

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

wpb-71980E said...

Great blog you have! I really enjoyed it. I heard of a great site that is giving away a free set of Nike Golf Clubs. I think your readers will enjoy it. Just click the link below and enter your Zip Code to see if you qualify!
Free Nike Golf Clubs!

bench said...

Stop by and have a look at jetta review

Sports Junky said...

I agree,

I love PGA GOLF. and recently I have bought stock in it. Not like real stock on Wall street, but a stock market that is strictly for sports.

You have seen it? Its pretty cool. You buy issues for your favorite golfers and you make real money. Not like a fake stock simulator. I cash out Dividends each time your golfer plays in a tournament. Also I can sell my players stock when the price goes up.

check it out if something like this interests you.
heres a link http://allsportstrading.com

This site has lots of data about dividends and game pots and golfers. It also has alot of information about how the market works.



See you there!
-Erik

Erik Mann said...

Nice blog with interesting topics. I have a website that offers alot of controversial topics here. Just go to the links page and look for "Video Reviews"

...More Golf Stuff