The #1 golf blog for gossip, breaking news and irreverent banter.
December 30, 2007
So I went online to try and figure out what was going on. Why in the world I had a slice and how I was going to cure said slice. I read a bunch of interesting comments and suggestions. Scoured the blogs and forums. But then I stumbled on an Instant Golf Slice Cure.
I was skeptical at first, but for only $47 (the price of a dozen balls) and a money back guarantee, I figured what the heck. I only have something to gain. And after one, I REPEAT, one trip to the driving range... I completely lost my slice. I was hitting it straight and even got back some of that natural draw that I had for so many years.
If you've got a slice, I'd really consider skipping a lesson and check out Dave Moore's Secret to Curing a Golf Slice.
I truly feel Dave's system is a must read if you have a slice.
P.S. - After using this system please come back here and leave a comment. I'd love to hear if it helped you as much as it helped me.
December 29, 2007
Lady Golfers Only: Play Better Golf, Starting In Less Than 5 Minutes From Now
Don't go anywhere. Read on and find out why this could be the most important golf advice you'll ever get! We even give you over $200 in freebies!
1. Open your eyes on why women golfers often feel intimidated on the course or by male golfers, although there is absolutely no reason for it whatsoever. I'll show you why!
2. Give you a rock solid foundation about all aspects of the game of golf, anything you ever need to know.
3. Protect you from buying wrong equipment by showing you exactly how golf clubs work, and what you need to look out for when buying clubs for ladies. This info alone is worth hundreds of dollars in money you will save on your next club purchase.
4. Provide you with fitness tips including a large, fully illustrated chapter on Yoga for Golfers. This plus our golf fitness instructions will ensure that your body gets into its best shape for a power game.
5. Make you a better Golfer by teaching you how to improve virtually every aspect of your game in 25 detailed Golf Lessons and 50 short but sweet Golf Tips.
6. Plenty of other useful and relevant information - remember this is information written by an experienced Lady Golfer for Lady Golfers. I now know what you need to know, and I provide it all in this book!
7. Immediate access: all the info mentioned above will be provided directly to your computer anywhere in the world, it is called an electronic book (or ebook; in pdf format). There is no waiting by the mailbox for days for a hard copy book to arrive; you will be on your way to better golf within 5 minutes from now. It doesn't get any faster than this.
No Three Putts Thoughts on The Ladies Golfers Guide:
Ok, so if you know me, you know I'm not a female. Never have been, never will be. But I did read this guide and thought it was a good read that any female golfer will get something out of.
But I needed to get this in the hands of a female golfer to really validate my thoughts. And Mrs. No Three Putts was up for the challenge. Although she's not a golf fanatic, she is a golfer and a female. Her thoughts went like this "I can't believe this was only $29. I spend more than that at Starbucks in a week. Considering everything I learned, this is a great value."
Lady Golfers take note: This book covers everything you ever need to know about Golf. Over 222 pages I will personally guide you from A-Z on the strategies, techniques, rules and facts, plus I show you invaluable fitness tips (incl. Yoga for Golfers!) - all for Ladies only. The Ladies Golfers Guide is the most comprehensive Golfing Resource created exclusively for Lady Golfers!
BONUS THOUGHT (From the guides promo):
Did you know that women are more flexible than men, have more efficient swings, and are more naturally suited to the game than our male counterparts? That being a fact one has to wonder why we are so intimidated by being on the course or by male golfers.
Muscle does not make a good swing. Distance alone does not make a good golfer. Yet this, coupled with a certain arrogance by males on the golf course cause a very high level of intimidation even while our muscle-bound friend plays golf no better than we ourselves might. It stops here!
December 28, 2007
Lucky for us, within 2 miles of our house are 2 nice public courses. There's Abacoa Golf Club or the Golf Club of Jupiter. I prefer Abacoa because of the nice grass range and overall a much better facility. But having young boys, they prefer the Golf Club of Jupiter. They like to hit off of the artificial turf and watch the balls splash in the water.
I understand the logic. It's much more fun to watch a ball splash than to watch it roll. So for now we're sticking to the Golf Club of Jupiter's Driving Range Lake.
December 27, 2007
"I GUARANTEE You’ll Lengthen your Drive and Cut your Handicap by 7-12 Strokes in Just Two weeks."
Unlock Your Hidden Potential by Discovering the Golf Swing that is Delivering Consistent, Accurate Distance to thousands of golfers world-wide. This Information can't be found ANYWHERE else!
To check out the program now Click Here for more info on "The Simple Golf Swing" (Note: I provide a link at the end of this post).
Here’s how you’ll do it:
What makes "The Simple Golf Swing" so Successful?
In short, it's about using the spine as an axis to promote consistency and to keep you on the correct swing plane. You'll learn the correct hand action so that you can add distance to every shot. You'll learn the correct timing to get straight ball flight, and consistent direction. You get a step-by-step guide on the full swing, a step-by-step guide on the short game, a mental guide, and personal coaching to make all of this happen quickly and easily.
Here’ what you’ll learn:
What ""The Simple Golf Swing"Teaches:
• You will find a step-by-step guide with detailed photos that will teach you the correct way to grip the club. Instructions for the interlocking and the overlapping grip are included. This will let you experiment to see what works best for YOU.
• Learn a method to check that you grip the club in the same manner for every shot to promote consistency.
• Learn a detailed procedure that will ensure that your grip promotes straight ball flight, and not a hook or a slice.
• Learn a secret on how to align the club face so that you don't push the ball right. This is a problem that many golfers face, but luckily it is an easy one to fix.
• Discover an easy method to hit more greens. It's not difficult once you have the correct information.
• Learn the revolutionary setup. "The Simple Golf Swing" setup allows you to swing around your spine. The key is to limit the amount of horizontal and vertical body movement during the swing. This setup will automatically give you the correct swing plane that promotes consistency and power. It's given to you in a step-by-step procedure that is easy to remember on the course.
• Discover the easiest way to make perfect impact with the ball on every shot. Just imagine the amount of stokes that you will save.
• You may have heard of the one-piece takeaway. Learn the method that will help you master this move, and keep your swing connected. This is the most beneficial part of the system. It provides consistency, and gives you a controlled swing that results in increased distance.
• Learn how to get to the top of your backswing, and how to get into the same position for every shot. "The Simple Golf Swing" teaches you a method that promotes an inside-out swing that you can use to automatically hit the fairway.
• Learn where to stop your backswing. I teach a shorter backswing than most. A short backswing promotes consistency, and increased distance. Remember, golf is a game of opposites.
• Discover the distance secret that many instructors don't even address because it's so hard to teach. Here's a hint: Hand Action that can increase your swing speed by 10 mph.
What you will GAIN:
• Your slice will be corrected: Golf Digest has done many studies to prove that a straight ball goes much further than a slice or a hook. Many professionals, including Jack Nicklaus, Ben Hogan, and Fred Couples have found tremendous success by hitting a controlled fade. Many more prefer to hit the draw. With consistency in mind, "The Simple Golf Swing" system was developed to teach the bogey golfer how to hit the ball STRAIGHT. For you this means added distance and confidence on the tee, and increased accuracy on the approach.
• You will get tested methods that are proven to work. The System has a 95% success rate.
• You will SAVE TIME by learning this Step-By-Step system. The complete swing is laid out for you in a simple manner. "The Simple Golf Swing" tells you exactly what to focus on during every step. No need to figure it out by yourself. No wondering about what to do next. I will provide the information AND teach you for less that one round of golf.
• You will SAVE MONEY. Offline lessons are around $85 per hour, and many instructors charge more. This complete system gives you much more information than I could provide in one lesson for half the price.
• This system will SAVE YOU THE FRUSTRATION of playing bad golf. You are GUARANTEED to be playing the best golf of your life in less than one month.
• You will get more enjoyment out of golf because you will consistently be making solid impact with the ball. Your shots will fly longer and straighter.
• You will learn to strategically play the game. Left side of the fairway, versus the right side. You'll be able to set up your approach shot accordingly.
• You're new found confidence will allow your whole game to improve. You will want honors off the tee, because you'll KNOW that you are going to hit the longest ball.
• COMPETITION WILL INCREASE. It is virtually impossible to shoot in the low 80's and not play to WIN.
• You will get a great amount of satisfaction by sharing your knowledge with friends, family, and co-workers. This is the main reason I started to teach "The Simple Golf Swing". So many golfers struggle, when they don't need to. I thrive on watching my students get better and better. They will come to YOU for advice.
In the end this is what you’ll learn:
What will this system teach you?
Below are just some of the things that you will learn:
• Unique setup
• Timing Drill
• Alignment Drill
• Backswing (2 unique steps)
• Downswing (1 unique step)
• Follow through (1 unique step)
No Three Putts Thoughts on The Simple Golf Swing ebook
The book is written by a guy I’ve never heard of, David Nevogt. Is he a pro? A certified instructor? I don’t think so. But frankly I don’t judge a person based on their qualifications. I went into this as opened minded as I possibly could…
And here’s what I found… David breaks the swing down into simple steps. These steps are effective and easy to learn. I do think if you follow David’s advice you’ll be hitting straighter in 2-4 weeks.
David guarantees that you’ll shave 7-12 strokes off your game or you’ll get your money back. I think this is an unrealistic expectation for any golfer that regularly shoots below 87, but I think every golfer can gain something from this ebook.
Here’s the Money Back Guarantee:
P.S. #2: If for any reason you're dissatisfied, you can return them within 60 days for a complete refund. No questions asked. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
My Final Thoughts
I think in order to really make the Simple Swing ebook work it takes about 20-30 minutes of practice/training every day for 2 weeks. By that point you’ll be comfortable with the setup, backswing and downswing.
David’s techniques do support a consistent golf swing that I find is easy to repeat.
The Simple Golf Swing is well worth the $47 price. It includes a bunch of bonuses that I’ll let you check out for yourself. For the price of a dozen Pro V1’s you really have nothing to lose.
Reading this ebook will not make you a better golfer. You will need to put in a minimal amount of work to using this to become a better golfer. I am confident the results will surprise you and shock your golf buddies. My recommendation: Buy this ebook. Here's how…
Click Here to Read More or Buy "The Simple Golf Swing".
After reading a few classic books... I wanted to see what's on the internet. In this world-of-information-at-your-fingertips I knew I'd find a gazillion 'gurus' hocking the latest and greatest techniques so we can go on Tour. Right.
What I've decided to do is take these blokes to driving range and eventually out on the course to see if they're worth it. I figure if we can spend $50 on a dozen Pro V1's... Spending $20-$99 on an instructional or even inspirational golf e-zine is well worth every penny.
That is, if we can get just one single bit of information out of them to become better golfers.
In a sense, what I'm trying to do here is cut through the hype and BS so you can spend your money- and time-wisely. Of course, ultimately I want you to improve your golf game which as far as I'm concerned is something you can't put a price on.
So please feel free to write your own thoughts and feedback if you have used any of the products I review. Quite frankly, there's some really good stuff out there... let's find it and lower our scores in 2008.
A couple of months ago James Wolfe emailed me about reading and reviewing his book: Little Balls, Big Dreams
At first I was like, thanks but no thanks. Then I read the title of the book again and thought with a title like that, why not.
Here are my thoughts: Would I put it in the same league as The Da Vinci Code, of course not. Would I recommend this book to any avid golfer - you betcha! This little book (it's around 167 pages) is a pleasant quick read. It's filled with so many golf cliches, terms and phrases I almost forgot some of the lingo existed. If you're a golf fanatic or you've got a buddy that is, you'll really enjoy Little Balls. Worst case scenario, you put it on a coffee table, the title alone makes for great conversation. Heck, it could be a book on a guy trying to get into porn.
Click Here to buy Little Balls, Big Dreams Now
Here's an excerpt from the email I got from James about the book:
It’s a tale about a middle-aged family man, Matt True, whose childhood dream and adult fantasy was playing professional golf on the PGA Tour. One day the unimaginable happened. Matt sank a hole-in-one that inexplicably catapulted his skills from that of an eleven handicap player to a level rivaling the best golfers in the world.
Little Balls, Big Dreams is the story of how an average middle-aged guy manages the raw talent of a superstar. The pressure of big-time competition and glare of the spotlight. The disruption to his family and cushy lifestyle. The hard work of converting raw talent into achievement. Of enduring the colossal stress test of the PGA qualifying school. Of scrutinizing his own beliefs and priorities.
This is a love story. Love of golf, of family, of life.
Click Here and Buy the book already!
Here are a few of the interesting Golf Tips you'll find in this book:
-80% of golf luck is bad.
-Know your limitations. If you can’t hit a shot, don’t.
-You’re as good as you think you are. Or at least the downside of this maxim is on the money. If you think you’re a loser, you’re a loser. On a golf course or anywhere else.
-Don’t sweat the small stuff. All things considered, the shanks, yips, ducks hooks are pretty small potatoes in the big scheme of things. Don’t sweat the big stuff, either. Because it simply doesn’t matter. At least not as much as you think it does.
-Let it all hang out. Express your emotions, while managing them. Experience the ups and downs, understanding that they will affect the next shot. A good shot not only increases your confidence and expectations, a good thing, but also your heart rate, a not so good thing. A bad shot can make you angry and frustrated, a bad thing, but part of living. And it can destroy your confidence. Feel and express your emotions then haul them back under control before the next shot.
What are you waiting for? Buy Now