The #1 golf blog for gossip, breaking news and irreverent banter.

December 28, 2009

Rick Reilly, Steve Williams and Tiger Woods

Apparently Tiger's caddy, Steve Williams, was not happy about an article written by Rick Reilly for ESPN The Magazine.

In short, sports columnist Rick Reilly said Woods should fire Williams if he is going to make an effort to repair his marriage.

“(Woods) needs to clean house,” Reilly wrote... “If he wants to keep his wife, he has to get a new agent, a new caddie and some new friends.

“It’s hard to believe all this went on without their help or knowledge. How can she see them as anything but enablers?”

But here's the ridiculous part: Williams denied having knowledge of Woods’ transgressions.

Here's what Steve Williams said, “What people fail to realize is I (just) work for Tiger Woods... I live in New Zealand, I travel to and from New Zealand to caddie for Tiger Woods. I am not with him 24/7."

He went on with his ridiculous banter...

“Whilst I am a very good friend of his … I don’t know what he does off the course. His indiscretions have probably been (when he wasn’t playing). When he is not competing, I am back in New Zealand. I have no knowledge of what he is doing.... I am an honest person. I had no knowledge of what was going on (with Tiger). If I did, I would say I did.”

Does he think people are that stupid? Are we really supposed to believe that load of crap?

It's obvious Steve Williams is trying to save his own marriage to Felice (pictured here with Steve). Who is probably concerned that Steve was out with Tiger having transgressions of his own.


Williams is ready to carry Woods’ bag when he returns to golf.

In his words, “I have always stated that my last caddie job will be caddying for Tiger... I am committed to him. I understand he needs a break to sort his personal stuff out and I will be there for him when he wishes to return to play.”

No comments:

...More Golf Stuff