The #1 golf blog for gossip, breaking news and irreverent banter.

January 03, 2008

PGA National Golf Club

About 9 months ago my father retired after 40 years as a jeweler. But what's a retired jeweler with not too many hobbies, besides golf, to do?

Get a job at a golf course, of course. Become a ranger/starter. And that's exactly what my Dad did. But he didn't go to some public rat trap... Oh No... he went to a gem about 5 miles down the road off PGA Blvd... PGA National Golf Club

And on New Years Day we had our first round of the year together on the Squire Course. I played ok. Had a bunch of pars, a birdie and one hole I'd rather forget about.

One thing about my round... we played with a two-some that had no idea what Ready Fire Golf is. Meaning walk up and hit your ball. No etiquette crap. It doesn't matter who is farthest from the pin... blah, blah, blah.

The only reason I mention the need to play quicker is because it was getting dark and we didn't get to play the last 3 holes. Which kinda pissed me off, but what can you do? At least I know I'll have many rounds at PGA National this season. Looking forward to playing the newly remodeled Palmer Course and I'm giddy thinking about beating it around the Champion.

No comments:

...More Golf Stuff