The #1 golf blog for gossip, breaking news and irreverent banter.

October 14, 2004

Edwin Watts Golf Shop

Unfortunately my round of golf was cancelled yesterday and I had to work. That sucks, but I needed to get my golf fix somehow so I decided to go to Edwin Watts Golf Shop. Home of overpriced golf clubs, shoes, balls, apparel, etc...but it's fun to go there because I know they'll always have all of the newest equipment.

I just got the new Golf Magazine the other day and the feature story is a big comparison of putters. All of the latest and greatest from all of the manufacturers that you'd expect. The one I really wanted to check out was the new Ping Doc 17. This thing is huge, it's the John Holmes of putters. It's the largest regulation size putter on the market.

I took some putts with the Doc 17, the Scotty Cameron Red X and a couple of other putters. And although I liked the feel of the Doc 17, I don't know that I could ever get used to using a putter that is so big. I think I'll need to try one on the course before I buy one.

I did buy some of the Brush-T tees in the most neutral color they had, black. I also bought a dozen Titleist DT SoLo balls. I've never played the SoLo's so I thought I'd give them a try. With all of the golf gear they sell at Edwin Watts, which is obviously overpriced, it made me wonder why I don't buy clubs on Ebay and try to save a few bucks. I think I'll write about Ebay and my wonderful experiences there another day.

4 comments:

Erik @ The Sand Trap said...

Black Brush-Ts are for "Driver." The only size smaller is "3-wood" and they have "Oversize" and one above that.

So, I hope you like your ball teed low, because the black ones are pretty low. The colors mean something with brush-ts.

Woods~&~Wedges said...

Saw one of these big Ping 'UFO' putters at the Buick in LaJolla, CA. Ugly and stupid looking.

If it takes that much steel to putt, maybe it is the archer, not the arrow, that is inept.

cmeltifa said...

Hey this blog is not about golf equipment company. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on golf equipment company and it brought me to your blog on Edwin Watts Golf Shop. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog NoThreePutts and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I may snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)

Rachel said...

Hey this blog is not about golf fitness equipment. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on golf fitness equipment and it brought me to your blog on Edwin Watts Golf Shop. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog NoThreePutts and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I may snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)

...More Golf Stuff