The #1 golf blog for gossip, breaking news and irreverent banter.

October 02, 2004

Golf Knickers

Yesterday, the Wall Street Journal had an article about golfers wearing knickers. Of course, the first thing that comes to mind when you think of knickers is Payne Stewart. The WSJ story talks about how golfers are looking to bring golf "back to the good old days."

I never see golfers wearing knickers down here in south Florida, but apparently golfers in cooler climates are wearing them. Web retailer GolfKnicker.com has doubled their sales every year since 2001 and this year should end with sales just below $1 million. WOW! That's a lot of half pants sold. It's not like knickers are cheap either, at $50 - $200 each, you really must want to wear knickers to buy them. The GolfKnicker site explains how to properly wear knickers, they sell matching socks, shirts, caps, etc...

I personally like the idea of knickers. Not because I think they are a fashion statement that will get you the ladies, but because you have to have balls to wear them. They scream "I could care less what you think, I'll wear these silly things if I damn well please."


Everything looks better with Hooters, even golf knickers.

2 comments:

Bunker said...

When Stewart was wearing them, several other golfers tried them, too. All thought they were more comfortable, but didn't want to wear them because they were Payne's trademark.

I think they just said that to NOT wear them.

Couch Potato said...

"Help me if you can I'm feeling down" - I also think I must be lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him on the golf course yesterday. Now this is strange because usually I see him in the supermarket.

Honest really, last time I saw him there he was right in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new lcd tv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a lcd tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger.

Then I'm gonna go home, put ma dancin' suit on, munch me some uppers and freak out to that maaaaaaaaad surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on ma lcd tv .

How cool is that boy?

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

...More Golf Stuff