The #1 golf blog for gossip, breaking news and irreverent banter.

November 15, 2004

Greg Norman signs with MacGregor

It's nice to see a golfer with some loyalty. Although Greg Norman isn't playing that much golf anymore he has continued his relationship of over 20 years with MacGregor.

Norman said the deal is proof he will continue to play after he turns 50 on February 10th. Greg said he expects to play around 12 tournaments next year, including the British Open and the British Senior Open. Greg will not be a regular on the Champions Tour, which both he and No Three Putts, still call the Senior Tour.

I respect Greg Norman's decision to continue playing with MacGregor clubs. He easily could have found another manufacturer to give him more money. Obviously Greg has class and plenty of money. Hey, Mickelson, perhaps you should take a lesson.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I was adding a link to your site (which I thoroughly enjoyed when I found it today) oh my blog. If you mind, please let me know and I'll remove it. Thanks.

Aaron
http://aaronwhite.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

I'm confused. I thought Greg Norman was with Titleist?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Greg Norman used to be a titleist pro, he signed a contract with acushnet in Jan. of 2000 which made his company the exclusive distributor of acushnet products in Australia. Before that he signed with Cobra. Don't know what effect his signing with MacGregor will have on the availability of Titleist in Australia.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/golf/news/2000/01/21/norman_ap/

TheDoubleEagle said...

I hadn't heard of a previous MacGregor/Norman business relationship. Spalding and Cobra, yes. MacGregor, no.

Woods~&~Wedges said...

I may be the only person on the golf sites that doubts this is going to have much net gain to MacGregor, unless he is also involved in some club designs.

golfing-babes said...

cool blog daddio.. wanna come show me how cool u are on the golf course? i just got some used golf equipment and i wanna kick some golf butt

Best Buy said...

Great stuff on golf equipment minneapolis and I even bookmarked you! Of course I do have a similar page about golf equipment minneapolis

Couch Potato said...

"Help me if you can I'm feeling down" - I also think I must be lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him on the golf course yesterday. Now this is strange because usually I see him in the supermarket.

Honest really, last time I saw him there he was right in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new lcd tv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a lcd tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger.

Then I'm gonna go home, put ma dancin' suit on, munch me some uppers and freak out to that maaaaaaaaad surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on ma lcd tv .

How cool is that boy?

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

...More Golf Stuff