The #1 golf blog for gossip, breaking news and irreverent banter.

July 24, 2004

Carlos Franco is lazy

Today in the newspaper there was a story about Carlos Franco and how he hates to practice. The only reason this story is of any interest is because he shot a 63 yesterday and was leading the US Bank Championship after the second round. He got to the golf course yesterday without hitting a practice shot and played a great round. Apparently Carlos Franco does not care about practicing, he'd rather go fishing.

I think if Carlos is good enough to play on the PGA Tour without practicing, he'd probably be a force to reckon with if he actually cared about being a top player. I wonder if he is afraid of success or if he is just content with mediocrity. I only say mediocrity because if he practiced, who knows how good he might actually be. I don't know if he could be a top player or not, but I say that he is a waste of a natural talent.

If I had the ability that Carlos Franco had, you bet I'd be out there practicing to take my game to the next level. I guess Carlos does not care about being the best at what he does. It's a shame that we will only read about Carlos once and a while, because someone that does not practice will not be winning tournaments and atop the leaderboard Sunday afternoons very often. Hope you enjoyed your moment in the spotlight Carlos. One suggestion: get out to the range and practice, maybe success won't be so bad.

Carlos "Slacker" Franco

1 comment:

dowdyism said...

Are you sure he isn't The Spanish Fly in his off weeks?

http://www.autographedtoyou.com/celebpics/jose_wejebe1.jpg

...More Golf Stuff