The #1 golf blog for gossip, breaking news and irreverent banter.

July 23, 2004

No Three Putts in Golf World

For those of you that missed it, No Three Putts was mentioned in the July 2nd Golf World magazine. The story is titled Blogging and Golf. Is it a great story saying that No Three Putts is the best golf writer in the world? Heck no. Is the guy that wrote the story scared I might take his job? Probably not, but you never know.

After all, he is not writing an interesting story everyday about golf, like No Three Putts. I'd like to see him start a blog, write something of interest daily, work 9 hours a day and find time to play with two little kids.

What I found interesting about the story was that this guy really only mentioned 2 things. My anonymity and Tiger Woods. I am not going to defend my anonymity, I am Larry from southern Florida. Who really cares what I look like or what my last name is? I say the anonymity comment is a lame way for this writer not to admit that I have a pretty cool golf blog. And I can understand a golf writer not wanting to say that I have an interesting blog. If he said the blog was a good read his editor would be calling me, not him. I found it very humorous that he mentioned my comment on Tiger Woods. As readers of this blog you know that I very rarely mention him. I think he took a Tiger comment from me just so he could have Tiger's name in his story so someone would read it.

That being said, to all of you that read No Three Putts and to all of my blogging friends, I'd like to say "we are making progress". To be written about in one of the big golf magazines is good press for all of us. And to all of you golf writers out there keep the stories coming, let the world know who No Three Putts is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Larry.

Your blog is absolutely fantastic. Don’t let this guy dissuade you. There wasn’t much of a point to that blurb – perhaps an editor cut out the second half of the story. Any GolfWorld reader that goes to your site anyway will be glad they did!

Rich

OnePuttGolfer said...

Great posting Larry! I found your blog after reading the Golf World blurb and I could not agree more with the points you made. He gets paid to write, so he attacks your hobby, a.k.a. blog, and tries to boost his appeal to readers by mentioning Tiger. The mere fact that he spent time to write about your blog shows that you have some appeal to readers. No three putts in this posting. I praised you on my blog as well at www.OnePuttGolfer.blogspot.com.

Woods~&~Wedges said...

Larry,

What hath Larry wrot? One day, the historians will look back on this summer of 2004 and say, "Larry started the golfers blogging and it was GOOD".

Keep up the great work. And for anyone interested in golf discussion for average golfers, see mine (inspired by Larry's No Damn Three Putts blog).

Shameless plug:

http://woods_wedges.blogspot.com

Couch Potato said...

"Help me if you can I'm feeling down" - I also think I must be lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him on the golf course yesterday. Now this is strange because usually I see him in the supermarket.

Honest really, last time I saw him there he was right in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new lcd tv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a lcd tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger.

Then I'm gonna go home, put ma dancin' suit on, munch me some uppers and freak out to that maaaaaaaaad surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on ma lcd tv .

How cool is that boy?

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

...More Golf Stuff