The #1 golf blog for gossip, breaking news and irreverent banter.

July 30, 2004

Golf Mongolia. WTF are you thinking?

Andre Tolme went on a mission to play golf across Mongolia. GolfMongolia.com is Andre's site that claims this adventure is about extreme golf, one man hitting a golf ball across Mongolia for 90 days. He played 1,234 miles which he made into 18 holes, losing 509 balls and taking 12,170 shots. He claims par for Mongolia is 11,880 and the course is a total of 2,322,000 yards. Here's a good summary of this quest.

I think this guy needs psychological help. If I were going to pick a country to play, it certainly would not be Mongolia. How could anyone in their right mind look at a map and say "Mongolia, I'm there, that's the country I'm playing across." A damn lunatic that's who. Why not Fiji, Bermuda, Aruba, Costa Rica. Somewhere with a decent climate, that actually has some appeal. If they are too small, play 'em twice. And who gets to take a 90 day vacation?


Considering the terrain not a bad follow through. Obviously the Mongolia Golf Club has no dress code. And yes, spikes are allowed, but then again, so are your work boots. Somebody get this guy a straitjacket.

4 comments:

Couch Potato said...

"Help me if you can I'm feeling down" - I also think I must be lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him on the golf course yesterday. Now this is strange because usually I see him in the supermarket.

Honest really, last time I saw him there he was right in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new lcd tv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a lcd tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger.

Then I'm gonna go home, put ma dancin' suit on, munch me some uppers and freak out to that maaaaaaaaad surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on ma lcd tv .

How cool is that boy?

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

brian said...

Nice Blog for 2004 jetta

Sports Junky said...

I agree,

I love PGA GOLF. and recently I have bought stock in it. Not like real stock on Wall street, but a stock market that is strictly for sports.

You have seen it? Its pretty cool. You buy issues for your favorite golfers and you make real money. Not like a fake stock simulator. I cash out Dividends each time your golfer plays in a tournament. Also I can sell my players stock when the price goes up.

check it out if something like this interests you.
heres a link http://allsportstrading.com

This site has lots of data about dividends and game pots and golfers. It also has alot of information about how the market works.



See you there!
-Erik

Bineet said...

The term "Rules" can be said to include the following:

* Decisions on the Rules of Golf, a book published every 2 years by the USGA and R&A to clarify questions and queries raised by the Rules.
* Local rules set by the Committee of a golf club, for example to denote the method used to define the boundaries of the course, ball drops, environmentally sensitive areas (ESAs), etc.
* Rules of golf etiquette, covered by the main book, define the proper behaviour of those playing the game.
* Rules often adopted in competitions, for example the prohibition on using automotive transportation during a round and Rules related to Temporary Immovable Obstructions (TIOs).
* Rules governing the size, shape and performance of golf equipment (clubs and balls) as defined by the R&A/USGA (Appendices I and II).
* Rules governing golfers with disabilities who play in accordance with A Modification of the Rules of Golf for Golfers with Disabilities as published by the R&A and USGA.
Golf holidays in Costa del Sol

...More Golf Stuff