The #1 golf blog for gossip, breaking news and irreverent banter.

September 04, 2004

Shattuck Golf Club

Every year I get an invitation to play in the Franklin Pierce College alumni golf club at the Shattuck Golf Club in Jaffrey, NH. I've never made it up there to play in the tournament, but I've heard it's a good golf course.

Shattuck Golf Club is right near the base of the beautiful Mount Monadnock. Mount Monadnock is a great mountain to hike. It happens to be the most hiked mountain in the world. Also, it is said from the top of Mount Monadnock on a clear day you can see 6 states. I could never figure out if this is true or not. It's not like there are signs sticking up or any other way to identify each of the states. Regardless, this part of southern New Hampshire is beautiful.

I hope to make it back up to Rindge for an alumni weekend one of these years. I also remember a few really good restaurants in Keene that hopefully are still there. Some of the best french onion soup ever was once found in Keene. There's also a nice public golf course called Brentwood Golf Course that I used to play quite a bit.

No comments:

...More Golf Stuff