The #1 golf blog for gossip, breaking news and irreverent banter.

January 02, 2010

Michael Jackson the Golf Course?

Gary, Indiana, the hometown of the late and great Michael Jackson plans to honor MJ by building a ginormous theme park. The design of said park will be a mix of Jackson's Neverland Ranch and Chicago's former Riverview amusement park.

There will also be a Jackson family museum, a performing arts center and a 300-room hotel on roughly 100 acres.

That's nice... but here's why I'm writing today: The plans also include a golf course.

WTF? When I think of Michael Jackson I don't think of golf. Do you? I didn't think so. I guess the folks in Gary will do anything to cash-in on the "King of Pops" name.

The cost of this project is expected to hit $1 billion over the 10-year period it takes for construction.

My prediction for this project and the golf course: It will never happen. Why? Because where in the world are folks in Indiana going to come up with a billion dollars to fund it... Good luck.

No comments:

...More Golf Stuff