The #1 golf blog for gossip, breaking news and irreverent banter.

August 28, 2004

How did I play?

When I start a round with a double bogey it can be a sign of a long day on the golf course. Yesterday that was not really the case. Although I did not score that great I was striking the ball nicely. I've been working on my swing quite a bit and although I was hitting the ball well, my distance was all messed up. I was at least one iron short of what I usually hit. My chipping, which usually saves me, got a lot of practice, because I was coming up short on most approach shots, and left me with too many long putts. My chipping now needs to be my focal point if I want to start scoring.

On the bright side, my putter did not let me down. I had 5 one putts and one damn 3 putt. I ended up taking 30 putts. If my chipping had been half of what it usually is I probably would have taken around 25 putts. Regardless, I did have 2 sweet birdies. I had one on the front nine when I drained a 35 footer and one on the back nine when I sank a fairly easy 15 foot putt.

I ended up shooting an 86 which is acceptable because I have not played in 6 weeks. I shot a 44 on the front and 42 on the back nine. It's always nice when your round gets progressively better. There's nothing worse then ending a round on a bad note which I almost did. On the last hole I hit a nice drive and a decent 6 iron pin high into a bunker about 20 feet from the pin. I then hit a lob wedge out of the bunker to 8 inches, with a tap in for par. I can't wait to play again.

No comments:

...More Golf Stuff